Mrs. Pirkko Erämetsä has a solid and long-term experience in handling of enterprises’ all legal matters as an attorney and as an in-house counsel.
Attorney-at-law (bar member), trained on the bench, Magister iuris (Göttingen, Germany), LL.M (Turku, Finland), several courses in international and European law (Germany and Great Britain).
- Finnish (mother tongue)
- German (fluent)
- English (fluent)
- Swedish (good)
Official translator from German into Finnish language, since 1998.
Activities as Attorney-at-law and as in-house counsel in a Finnish energy company, and as executive lawyer in the Chamber of Commerce.
Pirkko Erämetsä’s experience, knowledge and understanding of international business activities bases on following matters:
- Multinational assignments (e.g. related to Germany, USA, Sweden, Russia)
- Work experience and studies abroad:
- in house counsel in Prague, Czech Republic
- own law office in Hamburg, Germany
- post graduate university studies in Hannover and Göttingen, Germany.
Some examples of assignments and tasks:
- Drafting of and commenting an agreement in respect of a significant size power plant delivery including consortium, co-operation, manufacturing, construction and technology agreements.
- Investigating environmental and contractual questions in connection of a sale and purchase of a water treatment plant.
- Taking care of a court case concerning rights in hydropower.
- Taking care of contract law, labour law and other legal matters of an international IT company’s Finnish operations.
- Drafting of manufacturing and licensing agreements for a notable IT company for international use.
- Drafting of a sale and purchase agreement in respect of a metal industry company.
- Drafting public procurement bidding documents for a public utility.
- Taking care of a claim procedure in respect of a public procurement matter for an IT company.
- Activities in arbitration court in a contract interpretation case.
- Evaluating of contractual risks of a municipality.
- Drafting legal policies for a private sector company.
- Clarifying of an interpretation question of waste legislation.
- Handbook on Agency (Agenttikaupan käsikirja, 2004 Edita, joint work with an other writer).
- The EC Competition Rules in National Courts; Finnish part of the publication of the Europe College Hamburg (Die EG -Wettbewerbsregeln vor nationalen Gerichten, 2001).
- Construction Contracts in Germany, 1996 (Rakennussopimukset Saksassa 1996, Rakennustieto).
- Handbook on Contracts in EU Area, 1992 (Sopimukset EY-alueella, 1992 Lakimiesliiton kustannus).
- Articles in professional magazines on topics such as contract law, competition law and labor law.